About Me....My Philosophy
I believe our bodies want to move! Of course. I believe in "your own" strong. I believe that we are all athletes, in our own unique way. We start out, hopefully, as active, creative, playful beings with abundance energy ,exuberance and imagination. The ability to truly PLAY actively. And yet, as we progress from childhood to adulthood, our priorities and responsibilities change. We loose the craving, drive, or ability to be that same kind of active and playful youth we once upon a time use to be. And why? Well so many things, of course, but really what it boils down to is habits. Habits we have recreated for ourselves. The habit of not taking time, to actively play and move our bodies, as we were intended resulting in a domino affect of potential health issues.
But here is the good news...it's NEVER too late to recreate habits. It doesn't matter if you're 70 years young! You can still build new health promoting habits to better your mind, body and soul! And I want to be on your team working side by side with you, recreating new habits for a stronger, healthier you!
My strengths and training passions.....
- Functional fitness with and emphasis on core, stability and balance.
- I work with all ages and genders
- Strength and endurance training
- Run coaching: 5k-Half Marathon distances-Trail and road racing.
My training style is non-intimidating. I will not expect you do something that you're uncomfortable with. That doesn't mean you won't work hard....that doesn't count as "uncomfortable". We train in progressions to minimize over training and injury.
My Goal and Promise to You as YOUR Coach!
- It is my goal and absolute PASSION to motivate, encourage and support you in your efforts to improve your health and well being.
- Whether you want to lose weight, build strength, run your first race, or improve your mood and outlook with exercise .....I can help you with that .
- Develop conscious meaningful programs that meet your needs in order to achieve your goals within a healthy, realistic time frame.
- To communicate and ensure a safe and supportive environment.
- The work we do together wont be easy, and I will push you, BUT we will have fun doing it!
- I promise to be honest